When User creates UPS label for delivering the packages , there will be two circumstances in changing UPS delivery Address . One who ships to the material,package or mailpiece and other who will going to receive the consignments.
How to change UPS delivery address when I am shipping a Package ?
I shipped a package that hasn’t been delivered yet, but I need to make delivery changes to the package. What should I do?
- With UPS Delivery InterceptSM, you can conveniently request delivery changes for packages you sent, prior to the first delivery attempt.
- You can have packages returned to you, redirected to another address, rescheduled to another day, or held for pickup by the recipient. You can also cancel or change an intercept request at any time before we complete the intercept.
- UPS Delivery Intercept is available within the U.S. and Puerto Rico. UPS Express Critical and freight shipments are not eligible for this service.
- There is a UPS cost for all types of address change requests except for packages that are redirected to a UPS location and held for the recipient to pick up. You’ll only be charged if your intercept request is completed.
- You can request delivery changes online through your shipping history and the UPS tracking page, UPS WorldShip , UPS CampusShip , or UPS Quantum View. Both you and the receiver can use the package’s tracking number to check the status of the intercept request.
How to change UPS Delivery Address when I am receiving a Package ?
I am not a UPS My Choice member, but I need to redirect a package before it is delivered to me. What should I do?
- If you are not a UPS My Choice member, it is best to contact the sender before the first delivery attempt if you need to change the delivery options for your package. The complexity of the change and timing of the request will determine if there will be any delivery delay. Or, if we identified that the address is incorrect and not deliverable, you may be able to correct it while tracking the package on ups.com.
I am a UPS My Choice member, and I need to redirect a package before it is delivered to me. What should I do?
- If you are a UPS My Choice member, you have several options when tracking to change the delivery on eligible shipments before we make the first delivery attempt. Your options include redirecting your package to another address, rescheduling the delivery date, or picking up your package at a UPS customer center or at a UPS Access Point™ location, where available.
- Please note that not all shipments are eligible for a delivery change. For example, if you purchase prescription medication, perishable items, or high value merchandise, the sender may decide to deliver only to your address or require your signature.
- We do not charge to redirect packages to UPS customer centers, The UPS Store locations, or UPS Access Point locations. UPS My Choice members will have a fee for delivery change requests to any other addresses; there is no charge for Premium members.
- Changing the delivery address of your package could delay your scheduled delivery date. In addition, transportation fees may apply to certain packages.Download Pricing for These and Other Services
I won’t be home to receive my packages. How do I put my deliveries on hold?
- If you know you’ll be away from home for a few days, you can use UPS My Choice® to request that we hold all deliveries until your return. You can choose to pick them up at a nearby location or have us deliver them once you’re back in town.
- Or if it’s more convenient, you can request that we leave your package with a neighbor or, in some instances, send to another address. All of these arrangements can be made from the UPS My Choice delivery notifications or your Delivery Planner. Depending on the final location, transportation fees may apply.
- UPS Request a Delivery Hold
I missed the delivery of my package and received a notice instead. How do I change my delivery?
- If you missed a UPS delivery, you received a UPS Info Notice™ letting you know that your driver was unable to deliver your package. Update the Info Notice with instructions for the driver on what to do with your package, and place the notice in the same location where the driver left it.
- This does not apply to “Adult Signature Required” deliveries. An adult must sign for these packages at the time of delivery.
- You can also use your UPS Info Notice number online to request a hold on eligible packages. In addition, UPS My Choice members can use the Delivery Planner to request a hold.
How much UPS Delivery address Change Prices ( Cost – Fees)
In addition to Delivery Change Option fees, additional transportation charges and all applicable surcharges may apply. Refer to the “UPS Tariff/Terms and Conditions of Service – United States” for more information
UPS Delivery Intercept Cost
- As a shipper, after you tender your package to UPS, you can request that UPS return the package to you**, reroute the package to a new address**, have the package available at Will Call for pickup, or have the package delivered on a future date. When the package is tracked, the status of the intercept will be displayed.
- Shippers can make a UPS Delivery Intercept request through the Shipping History with WorldShip® or UPS CampusShip® shipping systems, UPS® Internet Shipping, Quantum View Manage® or UPS tracking on ups.com. A UPS Delivery Intercept request can also be made by calling 1-800-PICK-UPS® (1-800-742-5877).
UPS Delivery Intercept Charges
- $15.90 for web requests
- $21.90 for phone requests
- No charge for Will Call
UPS Delivery Change Request Cost and Fees
- For domestic packages and import shipments only. After receiving notice that delivery has occurred or will occur, consignees may request that UPS hold a package for will call at a UPS Customer Center.
- After the first delivery attempt has occurred, consignees may request a Delivery Change Request for a package or pallet, to return to the sender**, hold for future delivery, change a domestic package’s delivery location** (but not a pallet’s), deliver** eligible domestic packages to a UPS Access Point® location, or redeliver to the original address a package that was taken to a UPS Access Point location. Consignees submit requests by using the Tracking application on ups.com, or by calling 1-800-PICK-UPS® (1-800-742-5877).
- A UPS InfoNotice® number is required to change the destination delivery address.
UPS Delivery Change Request Price :
$5.50 for web requests
$6.60 for UPS phone requests
No charge to consignee for Return to Sender**, Will Call (including pallets) and redeliver to the original address